Hi there, Wallpaper engine v 2.0.98 is just released a minor update for Wallpaper Engine on Android and Windows. This update is a result of our constant desire to improve the app based on your feedback and it does exactly that: it adds some features that were not part of the initial release and resolves a few issues you have reported to us.
Free Alignment on Android
Allowing for the free alignment of wallpapers was one of the most common requests we received. We have now added the ability to do this. To free align your wallpaper, change the alignment option from "Cover" to "Free", you can then rotate and zoom the wallpaper with your fingers to freely position it on your mobile device just the way you want it.
This feature is mainly useful for wallpapers that have a widescreen resolution for computer screens. Make sure to use the "High Quality" or "Balanced" quality export option if you want to make proper use of this feature.
High-Performance Export Improvements
In the Windows app, we have improved the high-performance export for Android. It will now take your wallpaper settings into account so that you can first adjust the wallpaper to your liking and then export it with these settings.
The high-performance export allows you to cut the wallpaper size to exactly fit the screen of your device. We have added a new "automatic" option for the export resolution which will use your actual device resolution to fit your display exactly.
The high-performance export will now also show a preview image where you can align the part of the wallpaper that you want to transfer to your Android device more easily:
Keep in mind that for the "High-Quality" and "Balanced" export options, the wallpaper is always transferred in its full resolution.
Additional Notes about the Android Update
The Android app update will start to roll out across all app stores now. Please note that mobile app stores tend to release updates with a delay, so it might take a few days for the update to reach you.
If you have installed the APK file directly, you can grab the latest APK on our website now:
Windows App Improvements
Experimental Display HDR Support
This update also introduces new support for true display HDR support. For now, this option will stay disabled by default but you can manually enable it by changing the post-processing quality option to "Ultra (Display HDR)". Please note this option will only appear when a screen with HDR enabled is connected to your system.
HDR support can significantly improve image quality in certain lighting conditions on wallpapers. If you have a screen with HDR support.
Totally redesigned, this app offers faster downloads, better performance, and smoother operation than before. The Steam Wallpaper Engine features a completely revamped user interface and support for many more sources of images in addition to the default wallpaper packs. Available in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions, the app works on Windows XP through Windows 10 - including Windows 11.
This wallpaper manager can be used to make your desktop look good, but there are also options to tweak settings and use the app as a screensaver with cool animated effects.
Read the full changelog below to get a complete overview of all additions, changes, and fixes this update brings to both the Windows and Android versions.
- Main Changes on wallpaper Engine V 2.0.98
- Here is the Full Changelog
- Windows App : Additions / Changes
- - Added Display HDR support.
- New puppet warp limb sorting controls.
- Added new block user dialog where all blocks can be checked.
- Improved wallpaper blocking by grouping blocked wallpapers into a single tile.
- Redesigned the top section of the Discover tab, now shows your profile avatar and offers a menu with more options related to your account.
- Replaced "relevance" search with "top-rated" to show better quality results when using the search functionality.
- Renamed "fullscreen layer" to "post-processing layer", "composition layer" to "adjustable composition layer" and added a new "full composition layer" that scales automatically to project resolution.
- Improved puppet warp weight coloring.
- Added auto-generated scheme color for videos in the editor.
- Added script emit particles() function which allows you to programmatically emit a certain number of particles from a particle system.
- Improved puppet warp weight editor performance.
- Replaced phone collection with a new query that uses the approved tag in combination with a portrait resolution in the Discover tab.
- Portrait resolution tags will now be applied to a wider range of resolutions instead of categorizing wallpapers as "Other resolution".
- Added high-precision timer option, enabled by default for new users, which allows for more accurate and consistent FPS limiting.
- Updated Steamworks SDK to 1.53a.
- Updated OpenAL soft to 1.21.1
- Windows App: Bug Fixes
- - Improved parallax behavior on mobile.
- Fixed combo-box bindings in script properties.
- Fixed script compiler exceptions not showing in the log.
- Fixed menu bar button area not matching icons.
- Fixed Windows message discrepancy leading to crashes in specific cases.
- Fixed some WEColor script functions.
- Fixed wallpaper load rule not resuming certain types of playlists after being disabled again. Fixed screensaver not loading special audio mute rules.
- Fixed approved tag getting lost too easily when wallpaper is being updated while being approved.
- Fixed audio recorder never starting if the application was started while no audio devices existed at all.
- Fixed fullscreen layer not rendering with any blend mode enabled.
- Fixed perspective and skew effects when texture reduction is active.
- Improved recent wallpaper config not clearing duplicate entries when expected to. Fixed media keys not being forwarded by UI.
- Fixed a crash when project.json properties are not according to the expected syntax.
- Android App: Additions / Changes
- - Added free alignment option that supports scale and rotation.
- Wallpaper settings are now taken into account for high-performance Android exporters instead of always exporting the default settings for a wallpaper.
- Added a new display resolution option for high-performance export that uses actual phone resolution.
- Added ability to import multiple files on Android.
- Added import error dialog when trying to open invalid files.
- Added support for WiFi/USB-Tethering transmission.
- Added a new context menu on Android.
- Added wallpaper details page.
- Added error dialog when trying to use the app on phone without OpenGL ES3.0. Changed scrolling parallax to be able to scroll over the entire wallpaper (by default it's half of the wallpaper).
- Added manual IP address connection. Click on the three-dotted button in the upper right corner to enter the IP address of your computer if the discovery of your devices does not work.
- Android App: Bug Fixes
- Improved parallax behavior on mobile.
- Improved GIF looping.
- Fixed crash after locally imported files got deleted from the phone.
- Improved transfer stability while the screen is locked.
- Fixed flag shader. Fixed crash when trying to load invalid files.
- Fixed high-performance mobile exporter on wide aspect ratios.
- Fixed FPS limit lowering back down to 100 when the app restarts.
Download Wallpaper Engine Version (v2.0.98)
- ##fa-copyright## COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER
- We at wallpaperenginefree.com do not own the wallpaper engine software nor affiliated with the owners and we do not have the software uploaded to our website server, we are just sharing the links and providing more information about the software.WE JUST SHARE LINKS!